Each year the South Carolina Jail Administrators’ Association awards up to five $1,000 scholarships and up to $300.00 in computer and textbook reimbursements to support the academic pursuits of members presently working in the field of adult detention and their spouses and children. Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant must be a dues paying member of the SCJAA, an employee of a Facility Member Facility, or a spouse/dependent of a dues paying member or retired member in good standing.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree granting program (Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree) at an accredited college or university.
- Must prove need for financial assistance (students funded 100% by grants, scholarships and other methods other than out-of-pocket funds are not eligible).
- Must have completed 15 semester hours with a grade point average of 3.0 or above if not a recent or pending graduate from high school.
- High school seniors must have at least a B average and have been accepted by an accredited college or university.